Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Week 17 - Wrapping Up

Okay, it's hard to believe that this is the last week!

This class has forced me to be more engaged with social media and to poke around more than I used to. There are still things on IG that I have to ask my niece's help with but my overall opinion hasn't really changed that much. FB used to be the cool replacement of MySpace and now it is so much more than that and I can't scroll without seeing ads or political posts, so I barely go on there anymore and it is sad how different FB has become. However, I do think that FB and Twitter have become essential in getting millennial customers to talk/engage with millennials at a company and it's very strange to watch this change in communication in real time.

I definitely have a better understanding how to do business on social media, especially FB; I do find the layout and menus to be confusing on the business page and not that optimal to get around but it is nice to see how your posts engage with people and the analysis tools, simple as they are, can be very useful. I imagine that watching an ad or post that is converting people to customers can be quite addicting, especially when you start to see those $$$ but of course that takes time and effort. I try to think of the psychology behind it all because I don't use social media in this way and 90% of the time I could care less if a company is using social media or not, I mostly look at reviews and review sites, which Google Reviews can be a part of I guess.

In my opinion, one of the best parts of this class is actually the book. It is well written and in a way that anyone can understand and appreciate. I really enjoyed how they give real examples and use their knowledge to convey how to get real results, both directly and indirectly. Not only is social media a good way to gain exposure to customers, but it is also all about the customer experience (which is an area that I come from professionally and something I think people tend to forget about) and I really appreciate how the book stresses this point.

Thanks for a good semester!
-DavidT

1 comment:

  1. I would like to express my sincere thanks for sharing your blog. I realize that it is very informative and educational. I will revisit your blog next time and be ready to pass it on for my friends.

    Da Nang Package Tour from Hong Kong
    Phong Nha Pioneer Travel
    Central Vietnam Package Tour
    Viet Tours
    My Son Tours
    Hoi An Eco Tour

    ReplyDelete

Week 17 - Wrapping Up

Okay, it's hard to believe that this is the last week! This class has forced me to be more engaged with social media and to poke aroun...