Monday, May 6, 2019

Week 14 - Online Advertising

I had some minor trouble with Facebook but I decided on three ads that I think would be a good starting point: 2 Facebook ads and 1 Instagram ad. The objective for ads sets a baseline to measure against for performance; you don't launch a campaign or an advertisement without setting the objective or the goal of doing so; otherwise you wouldn't be able to learn and measure success or failure. At first, I think the main objectives are to capture customer information such as emails and to garner some attention for my brand. I'm trying to get people to engage with and react to my posts/images rather than trying to sell the product outright. This is important as I don't want to "cram ads down peoples throats."


This is the first Facebook Ad, which is a "boost post" and I chose this type because of the reactions that I got when I first posted it, a lot of people loved the image and I feel like it is a good way to not only sell my product but to sell the lifestyle and to get people thinking about camping! The "Shop Now" call to action is probably the best button to use for an ad like this and the headline reads, "Go Out and Explore." The objective here is to get people to click on the Shop Now button which would show interest in exploring my brand and website further.


The second Ad that I chose for Facebook was a "Form" ad to gather the customer's full name, email address and gender. When I tried to go back to the page where I could customize the form options, Facebook would just go back to the main Ad page. Then I tried to re-create the form and Facebook would just show me this same Ad, so I don't know. Anyway, this is a good way to get some information from my customers to start an email list and get some marketing campaigns going. The objective here is an obvious one: to capture customer data/information for my campaign lists.


Lastly, this is an Instagram "boost post" to try to reach more customers through there. I think this image is a good lifestyle image that could connect with a lot of people and may get some good interest. It has a shop now button as well that links to my website. The objective here is to see which platform performs better through posting an image. Furthermore, I would like to see if more females click on this ad and buy something, if possible.

-DavidT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17 - Wrapping Up

Okay, it's hard to believe that this is the last week! This class has forced me to be more engaged with social media and to poke aroun...