Thursday, May 9, 2019

Week 15 - Optimizing Yourself and the Company

These days it is more important than ever to know how your customer landed on your site, how they are "behaving" when they get there and who your customers are. When reading over he Google Analytics features page, I chose three main reports or features that I think would be the most important to me:

1. Behavior Reports - Probably the most important analytic report, different behavior reports tell me where potential customers spend most of their time, what words they search for and where they navigate to on the page. Knowing your customers inside and out is critical in developing a plan to increase conversion rates and increase traffic to your site by developing content that they are actively interested in.

2. Advertisement & Channel Reports - I want to know which advertisements best convert my customers so I can focus on what works and not what doesn't. Also I want to know which platforms best perform for customer engagement and click conversion... Does Instagram give me the best bang for my buck or Facebook or something else? Hopefully these reports will tell me these facts.

3. Audience Demographics - Again, I want to know my customer so I can develop a marketing and content strategy to engage and convert them. They could be a certain age range or perhaps mostly male, who knows. Maybe during the holidays most of my customers will be female; I can try to develop advertisements and social media campaigns to try to better convert shoppers during that time.

Also, conversion reports is an important analytic. In my current job, online conversion is really low on the website, around 1% and we don't know why. My gut tells me it is the shipping charges because we only ship priority mail or FedEx because our product is living plants. Having conversion reports hopefully tell me when the customer leaves my website... does it happen at checkout or are they just reading some content and then leaving? The more information the better!

-DavidT

1 comment:

  1. I really love how much you go in depth with the information that you are presenting. Good job.

    ReplyDelete

Week 17 - Wrapping Up

Okay, it's hard to believe that this is the last week! This class has forced me to be more engaged with social media and to poke aroun...