Sunday, May 19, 2019

Week 16 - Strategy

When thinking about which social media platforms that I like the most, I actually like using Blogger as a way to communicate more information and expand upon an ad or just some fresh content to get people engaging and thinking about my brand. Social Media posts and people themselves only have so much time and space to get a point across so having the ability to expand content if the customer is interested is definitely a good idea. In regards to the main social media outlets, I definitely prefer Facebook and Instagram.

For promotions and analytics, I do like Facebook better because it acts like a second storefront or a simplified web page where people can interact with my brand, learn about it, "like" it, share it and even communicate with my company on a semi-instant gratification level. If you took your website and shrank it in to a preview thumbnail with some extra interactive features, that is what I imagine Facebook for business is. On the more casual and artistic side, I like Instagram because it's less complicated, it exhibits a more casual and relaxed user atmosphere and it is built around photography and videos - the best medium for advertisements! I still don't understand Twitter and I'm not sure I ever will but that is okay, I feel like Facebook and Instagram has it covered.

I think the epitome of businesses and the ultimate future strategy is to get enough people to like and buy from my business so that I can justify developing an app for it or maybe be a partner in another app? (Did I just think about a new business idea besides having Amazon?!?) I mean, do people even use email anymore when they are shopping around? Some of course do but I usually delete or scroll past those emails. An app, on the other hand, delivers notifications on your smart phone and provides a super easy way for someone to buy something, check coupons or rewards and share something on Facebook or Instagram; nothing gets easier than that.

For a small business, I would probably not spend more than a few hours each day on social media because I imagine that not much would be happening until I get more followers and customers to my business page. I may try to put more money in to a promotion or a post that is doing well and try to boost it to more people, but other than that I don't see myself on social media that much at first. Maybe I need to spend more time looking at my competitors! I think a daily routine of spending a couple hours each day, Mon-Sun to see if people are asking me questions, looking at analytics and browsing competitors for ideas. During most of the year I would probably run an ad or post a blog about once every couple of weeks. During busier times of the season such as the holidays and during important times of year to my business such as Earth Day I would probably spend a lot more time online, boosting ads, running promotions, looking at opportunities and writing content, about every day.

Cheers,
DavidT

1 comment:

  1. I agree with assessment about the way you are approaching your social media needs. Sounds like a blog will fit perfectly in with your business. I enjoyed reading you strategy and this is a great approach

    ReplyDelete

Week 17 - Wrapping Up

Okay, it's hard to believe that this is the last week! This class has forced me to be more engaged with social media and to poke aroun...