Thursday, March 14, 2019

Week 8A - Get Visual

     My products are in an interesting category when trying to figure out the best visual social media platforms to use; backpack ponchos are both part of the apparel/fashion world and also the practical world. I guess you could sport a lovely plastic heavy-weight cover over your Louis Vuitton if it's raining but I doubt you will (If you can afford one in the first place).  But then again, I have seen heavy plastic being used in the avant garde fashion industry, but I digress.
   
     I still think Facebook will be the best social media platform for my business but that's not to say that YouTube isn't basically a required content cousin. I'm offering a product that people would wear and I would want to sell that product through a website. The best way to do that probably is that call to action "shop now" button that Facebook can put on your business page while also being able to share and connect in ways that Facebook only allows. And having been in fashion and clothing retail for almost 10 years (thankfully not anymore), I know that a picture isn't worth a 1,000 words when you're trying to decide if you want to buy a garment online. Online pictures can show you the overall look and color but you can't feel it or try it on. In that regard, a video always helps when trying to gauge how it fits. For my business, a video could be a good way to showcase the product and how to use it.

-DavidT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17 - Wrapping Up

Okay, it's hard to believe that this is the last week! This class has forced me to be more engaged with social media and to poke aroun...