Monday, April 1, 2019

Week 9A - Twitter


Okay, so I still don't understand Twitter when trying to find potential customers. I understand using it to connect with businesses and using it as a business to broadcast what's going on but I cannot easily find "people" to follow. I started with using the typical outdoors/hiking/camping companies like Patagonia and The North Face which connected me to conservation agencies and other groups. To find some people I played around with some keywords like backpacking, hiking and camping; I did come across some people but I'm not convinced they're productive connections. Perhaps the problem is that I didn't search by location because I want to focus nationally but I could hone in on Portland or Seattle or something like that. I suppose I'm used to finding connections that matter to me on Facebook rather than trying to follow as many people as possible within a specific subject so that may also be my problem.

I created a list for businesses and one for "Fellow Poncho People." Like what the lecture mentioned, I didn't want to categorize people as "potential customers" because that's not very personal. The business list is for the most current and popular brands and also the conservation groups that I came across. I could use the lists to tweet out more specific and goal-oriented tweets to see how it does. Like most things related to the typical day, the tweets are mostly read in the morning, during lunch time and at night; weekends are more spread out.

Thanks,
-DavidT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17 - Wrapping Up

Okay, it's hard to believe that this is the last week! This class has forced me to be more engaged with social media and to poke aroun...